Preparing Your Recyclables
The quality of materials is a fundamental element of recycling. To make material processing efficient and cost-effective, please observe the following instructions or view the Flood Brothers Recycling Flier.
- Please flatten cardboard boxes flattened into no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet pieces.
Mixed Food & Beverage Containers
- Clean aluminum foil and pie tins before recycling.
- Remove and discard all lids from all bottles and jars.
- Rinse all glass, metal, and plastic bottles, cans, and jars before recycling.
- Toys and bottles contaminated with motor oil or hazardous chemicals are not acceptable.
- Place the newspaper loosely on the bottom of the bin.
- Please don't bundle the newspaper.
View examples of acceptable recyclable items.
How to Load Your Bin
- Place lightweight plastic items and papers at the bottom of your bin so they won't blow away. Please do not wrap papers in plastic bags.
- Please make sure all containers have been rinsed clean; continue to discard caps and lids.
- Remember to flatten as many items as possible.
Any nonrecyclable materials will be left at the curb.