Zoning & Maps
Current Zoning Code & Maps
The Community Development Department administers the zoning regulations of the Village. The current zoning code and maps were originally adopted in 1991 in a comprehensive adoption of the code. Periodic reviews of the code and maps are made every few years to adjust for changing national laws and local conditions.
Property owners or other parties with a contractual interest in property, may apply for a variety of zoning approvals as outlined in the La Grange Zoning Code. Many applications require a public hearing process, with review by a recommending commission before consideration by the Village Board. Below are a list of various application types. It is highly recommended that you consult with the Village Planner prior to submitting any zoning application.
- Commercial Building Sign Plan application (PDF)
- Design Review Permit application (PDF)
- Planned Development application (PDF)
- Resubdivision / Lot Consolidation application (PDF)
- Special Use Permit application (PDF)
- Zoning amendment application (PDF)
- Zoning interpretation application (PDF)
- Zoning variation application (PDF)
Zoning Code & Maps
- View the current zoning code or zoning map (LINK) for La Grange, Illinois.
- View zoning code regulations related to solar energy systems (PDF).
For More Information
If you need a specific section of the code, please email Village Planner Kelsey Fawell or call (708) 579-2320.